Do you get bugs, insects, rodents, or other pests in your home? Want to know the best ways to keep them out? Take the offense by implementing these 9 simple steps to prevent pests from invading your home in the first place. The fewer pests you have harboring, breeding and feeding outside your home, the fewer issues you will have inside your home.
- Cleanliness – Wipe down surfaces after meals and food preparation. The cleaner your home is, the less attractive it will be for pests to live and breed.
- Hide / Store Away Food – Put leftovers in airtight containers and throw away old food. Pests love anything leftovers and crumbs and can live and thrive off of it.
- Drains – Debris, food and germs can accumulate in sink and floor drains which bring in the pests. Maintain all sink, tub, shower and laundry room floor drains.
- Cracks and Holes – Seal all holes, cracks, crevices and gaps in your home with caulk inside and outside.
- Rotting Wood – Replace any wood that is rotting or will rot soon. Termites especially are attractive to any rotting wood.
- Mulch and Plants – Keep your plants and shrubbery trimmed and away from the house. Mulch, such as wood chips and pine straw, provide ideal shelter for pests.
- Firewood – Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and off the ground.
- Moisture – Keep bathrooms, kitchens, basements, and crawl spaces cool and dry. Get rid of any standing water near the house.
- Stored / Recycled Items – Store recyclables outside and away from your home. Make sure that all containers are rinsed and have a tight-fitting lid. Trash containers should be pest and rodent proof and cleaned often.
Drive-Bye Exterminators offers home and commercial pest control services in Clearwater, Florida, and the surrounding areas. Family owned and operated for over 25 years, Drive-Bye Exterminators has state certified inspectors and exterminators provide roach, subterranean termite, dry wood termite, roaches, spider, ant and flea services to both commercial and residential clients. Whether a business owner needs help getting rid of a termite infestation, or a homeowner wants to rid their kitchen of ants, Drive-Bye Exterminators offers each client the same level of professionalism and excellence.
Request a FREE Pest Control or Termite Inspection today with the Professionals of Drive-Bye Exterminators. Contact Us Today at 727-423-9040.