In Florida, there are many species of spiders. However, most spider infestations amount to not much more than a simple annoyance. This is especially true when the webs they spin get tangled in your face and hair. Two varieties of spiders, the Crab Spider and Banana Spider, can be problematic for Florida residents due to the large numbers of these spiders in the area. At Drive-Bye Exterminators, we take care of these quickly and efficiently to ensure you always feel safe from pests in your home!
Common Spiders in Tampa Bay and How Drive-Bye Exterminators Can Help
Spiders are everywhere and while one or two in or around your home may not pose much of a threat, a spider infestation may be scary and unwanted. If that’s the case, our team at Drive-Bye Exterminators is the perfect solution. We’ll come out and take care of your spider infestation in no time, regardless of the species. Below are the common types of spiders we exterminate in Clearwater, Florida:
Crab spiders are known for their unique appearance and hunting behavior. These spiders are named “Crab spiders” because their appearance and behavior are reminiscent of crabs. Crab spiders can be found in a wide range of habitats, including gardens, meadows, forests, and even indoor potted plants. They are often associated with flowers, where they wait to ambush pollinating insects.
In Florida, the term “Banana spider” typically refers to the Golden Silk Orb-Weaver. This large and colorful spider is commonly found in the southeastern United States, including Florida. It is also known by other common names such as the “golden silk spider” or “writing spider.” They are especially common in outdoor and garden settings. However, they are typically not considered a threat to humans and are appreciated for their impressive web-building abilities and role in pest control.
There are times when other spiders in your home or business are a bit more of a risk, such as the Black Widow. Some spiders threaten the health of humans through biting. If you have a concern about whether or not a spider is venomous or need to get a large number of them removed from your home or business, give our team at Drive-Bye Exterminators a call!
Drive-Bye Exterminators Identifies and Removes Spiders Quickly
The Need for Spider Control in Tampa Bay
Spiders are known for their ability to spin intricate webs, capture prey, and play a vital role in maintaining the natural balance of ecosystems. However, when they venture indoors, they can become a source of discomfort and even fear for many individuals.
Common reasons for seeking spider control services include:
- Fear and Phobias
- Many people have arachnophobia, an intense fear of spiders, which can lead to anxiety and distress when encountering them indoors.
- Safety Concerns
- Certain spider species, such as the Brown recluse (rare in Florida) or Black Widow, can deliver venomous bites that require immediate medical attention.
- Aesthetic Discomfort
- Spider webs and their presence can mar the appearance of your home or business, making it less inviting.
- Hygiene and Cleanliness
- Spiders, like any other pests, can leave behind droppings and silk threads that may need to be cleaned up regularly.
Ridding Your Home or Business of Spider Infestations
Many people choose the DIY approach when it comes to removing spiders from their home or business. While a certified professional like the team at Drive-Bye Exterminators is suggested, there are measures you can take on your own to lessen the impact of a spider infestation and keep them out of your home:
- Regularly Vacuum Your Home or Business
Pay close attention to sheltered spots both high and low. These spots include the space beneath your furniture, the area underneath tables, and the insides of cabinets. Spiders often make their homes in corners where walls and ceilings meet as well.
- Remove Webs
Search for webs regularly and remove them when they are spotted. This will help to reduce their presence and prevent attracting other pests like ants or flies.
- Fill Gaps Around Your Home or Business
Fill in potential entry points like the area around pipework, the space under doors, and any dents or holes in your walls. These are all places where spiders like to hang out.
- Remove Potential Shelter Areas
Garbage Bags, compost piles, piles of firewood, and other forms of clutter should be removed from your yard. Inside your home, do not place boxes on the floor or against walls. You should also tape boxes shut so that spiders cannot use them for shelter or a hiding place
- Deter Other Insects
Create an unfriendly environment for the insects that spiders feed on. Ants and flies are usually the biggest issues.
- Properly Ventilate Your Home or Business
Good ventilation in crawl spaces and attics will prevent the moisture build-up that attracts spiders.
- Stay Vigilant
Remember to keep a close watch for spider infestations throughout your home. One quick tip: thoroughly inspect packages and bags that have spent time outdoors before bringing them into your home.
Spider Removal Services Provided by Drive Bye Exterminations
Drive-Bye Exterminators offers a complete suite of inspection, control, and removal services that will provide you with complete relief from a spider infestation. Our specialists are available to provide you with the following spider removal services:
- Targeted Treatment
- A wide range of treatment options are available to customers, including flushing treatments, web treatments, and insecticide sprays.
- We can install insect monitor units that will trap spiders in places they are most likely to frequent.
- Technical Expertise
- The technicians that make up the team at Drive-Bye Exterminators are well-qualified and possess expert knowledge pertaining to the lifecycle and day-to-day habits of spiders. Spiders that are captured will be carefully identified and we will provide you with the advice you need to rid yourself of an infestation with the least possible disruption to your life.
- Regulation Compliance
- Drive Bye Exterminators is fully compliant with all laws and regulations set forth by the state of Florida.
Call Drive-Bye Exterminators Today for a Free Inspection
Experience a spider-free environment by taking the first step towards comprehensive pest control solutions. Call Drive-Bye Exterminators today at 727-787-2127 or click here to schedule your free estimate and let our expert team assess your pest-related concerns. Don’t let unwelcome spiders disrupt your peace of mind or compromise your property’s cleanliness. With our personalized approach and years of experience, we’ll tailor a pest management plan to suit your unique needs.
Contact us now and reclaim your space from pests and ensure a safer and more comfortable environment for you and your loved ones.