Termite control starts with understanding termites, and Drive-Bye Exterminators knows all about them. We have over 30 years of experience performing termite inspections and treating to eliminate these pests to provide your home and business the best termite protection from termite damage.
Termites live and travel in colonies which are usually located in the ground or in wood. Based on the location of their colony, termites are typically divided into subterranean, drywood, and Formosan termites. These three groups are very different and require a licensed and experienced termite control company to effectively control them.
The termite protection process begins by having a pest control expert correctly identify the type of termite on your property that is causing the damage. Termite swarmers come out of the ground, fly to a new spot and start a new Termite colony. They are the reproductive members of a mature termite colony.
In Tampa Bay, here are the peak seasons for each type of termite:
Drywood Termite Swarms – Late Spring and Summer [April through July]
Formosan Termite Swarms – Late Spring & Summer months at night
Subterranean Termite Swarms – Winter and Spring months [February to April]
Although some species of termites have a specific season, termites can infest a home or property any time of the year and cause significant damage. It doesn’t matter what your home is made of, or even if it’s built on a concrete slab. Termites can get into your through tiny cracks and crevices.
If your home has a widespread infestation of Drywood Termites, it will cause significant damage to your home’s structure, which is typically not covered under your homeowner's insurance. Depending on the extent of the infestation, tenting may be needed. Tenting is a form of fumigation, and you will need to leave home during the process.
There are many benefits to fumigation:
- Reaches hidden spaces like the attic or behind walls to eliminate every single termite.
- It kills all termites, even hidden or inaccessible colonies.
- One treatment eliminates 100% of termites.
- No drilling necessary.
- You do not need to wash Dishes, silverware, or mop floors, or wipe down hard surfaces as the Fumigant does not leave a residue.
Drywood termites can be hiding anywhere in your home. The home tenting fumigation process is a complete and effective treatment for getting rid of your termite problem.
Frequently Asked Questions About Termites
We have a collection of blogs addressing termites. Here are some frequently asked questions from our customers with a blog written about these subjects:
- Do You Know the Difference Between Subterranean vs. Drywood Termites?
- Does Your Homeowners Insurance Cover Termite Damage?
- Drywood Termite Superior Service Extended Warranty
- Consider Fumigation Tenting to Eliminate Severe Infestation of Drywood Termites
- How Do You Know If You Have Termites?
- Prevent Subterranean Termites in Your Home
- Protect Yourself from the Swarm of Subterranean Termites
- Spring is Here, and so are Subterranean Termite Swarmers
- Termite Awareness Week — Predicting Early Termite Season
- Termite & Pest Control Inspection Services for Realtors in Tampa Bay
Contact Drive-Bye Exterminators immediately at the first sign of seeing a termite or for an inspection to make sure your property is free of termites.