Ants can reproduce in large numbers and can take over your space in a short period of time. Severe ant infestations are difficult–if not impossible–to remedy without a professional pest control service. At Drive-Bye Exterminators, we are experts at eliminating any ant problem in your home or office.
Controlling ants in the Tampa Bay area requires a tailored approach because of the various ant species:
- Carpenter ants are often encountered, and control measures involve locating and eliminating their nests within wooden structures.
- Ghost ants are another common issue, necessitating the use of bait traps to target their colonies effectively.
- Pharaoh ants can be particularly challenging, requiring professional intervention to eradicate their extensive networks.
- Big-headed ants can be controlled through a combination of baiting and perimeter treatments to prevent their entry into homes and businesses.
Effective ant control in the Clearwater, Florida area involves identifying the specific species and employing appropriate strategies for each, both things the team at Drive-Bye Exterminators are experts at. Call us at 727-787-2127 or click here to set up your inspection today!
What Attracts Ants to Your Home?
Indoors or outdoors, ant invasions need to be eliminated quickly before the colony takes over. To reduce ants in your home, pay attention to the following main attractions:
Ants are hungry little creatures, always searching for food. Once they find a source, they notify the rest of the colony. So if you see one ant, it’s likely not the last.
Keep your home clean and free from crumbs. Your kitchen is the obvious favorite for an ant, so pay special attention to your countertops and pantries. Wipe down countertops often, especially during the warmer months, which is most of the year in Florida.
Typically ants do not require much water to survive. They can actually get most of their water from the food they ingest. You may find ants near cabinets, especially if you have a leaky pipe or a leaky sink. This is another method of them getting enough water.
Check on your pipes and sinks regularly to make sure there’s no leaking. Also, check your air conditioning units and anything else that may create moisture to ensure a colony is not building up around these areas.
Your home is inviting!
Ants usually do not create their colonies inside of your home since they rely on the environment to keep their bodies regulated. However, they will colonize outside of your home, and if there are any cracks or crevices in your windows or doors, you can bet they’ll make their way inside. So, be sure to seal up around your windows and doors.
Why Ant Treatment Plans in Tampa Bay Are Essential
Ants get the best of many residential and commercial properties in the Tampa Bay area. Their presence can be more than just an annoyance – it can be a serious problem. So if you’re wondering why ant control is such a hot topic, here are some compelling reasons why ant control in the Tampa Bay area is essential:
- Ant Infestations Can Pose Health and Safety Concerns
- Certain ant species, like the invasive Argentine ants, can contaminate food and surfaces with harmful bacteria, posing health risks to you and your family.
- Ants Can Create Property Damage
- Ants can cause structural damage to homes and buildings by tunneling through wood, insulation, and even electrical wiring. Yikes! Over time, this damage can weaken the integrity of your property, resulting in costly repairs.
- Ants Often Lead to Larger Pest Infestations
- Ant infestations can attract other pests, such as spiders and cockroaches, which feed on ants. Taking quick action against your ant problem can help you prevent these other pest infestations from popping up in your home or business.
- Ants are Creepy Crawly Creatures
- When ants invade your living spaces, it’s uncomfortable and frustrating. The ant control measures at Drive-Bye Exterminators can help restore your peace of mind and the overall comfort of your home.
- Ants Love Human Food
- Ants are notorious for infiltrating kitchens and pantries, contaminating food items, and making them no longer edible. Ant control services will safeguard your food supply and ensure that your kitchen stays safe from pesky ants.
- Pest-Free Business Environments
- For businesses in the Tampa Bay area, ant infestations can damage reputation and profits. Not ideal. Maintaining a pest-free environment through professional ant control services like ours is essential for preserving your business’s image and customer satisfaction.
Types of Ants Problems in Tampa Bay, FL
As pest control experts in the Tampa Bay area, we see TONS of calls about ants each year. They are pesky creatures and if the infestation is large enough, they are tough to get rid of with DIY ant removal methods. In most cases, the ants in Tampa Bay should be removed with the help of our professional ant control services.
We mentioned above that we see plenty of calls for carpenter ants, ghost ants, pharaoh ants, and big-headed ants, but that is not an all-inclusive list. You may run into other ant infestations that can cause havoc to your home or business. Some other common ant problems in Tampa Bay include:
At Drive-Bye Exterminators, We Have Effective Ant Solutions
Ants can multiply in ferocious numbers and can take over a structure in a matter of days, or even hours. Severe ant infestations are difficult–if not impossible–to remedy without a professional pest control service. A specialized approach to eradicating an ant infestation is the best way to ensure that your home or business is ant-free.
If ants have become a problem in your residential or commercial property, reach out to our team at Drive-Bye Exterminators. Our treatments are effective because we start by accurately identifying the type of ant, then targeting the colony, and eliminating the source. Our ant control services in Clearwater and surrounding cities are second to none.
Trust Drive-Bye Exterminators with all Your Clearwater Ant Removal Needs
Don’t let unwelcome ants disrupt your peace of mind. With our personalized approach and years of experience, we’ll tailor a pest management plan to suit your unique needs. Call 727-787-2127 to set up your inspection now and reclaim your space from pests and ensure a safer and more comfortable environment for you and your loved ones.