Subterranean Termite Control
What Are Subterranean Termites?
Subterranean Termites are some of the most damaging pests to invade your home. If left unchecked, these pests can cause thousands of dollars in damages. No one wants that.
The best way to control these damaging insects is through a professional pest control company. Drive-Bye Exterminators provides complete termite control to eliminate these insects and stop them from damaging your home.
Subterranean Termite Facts
These tiny and dangerous critters are merely an eighth of an inch long, with six legs and an oval body. The color ranges from a creamy white to a dark brown/black.
Subterranean termites live underground and create mud tubes around homes as they forage for food. Like other termite species, subterranean termites feed on wood and wood pulp.
In this case, out of sight does not mean out of mind. Though they live underground, Subterranean termites can be extremely damaging to walls, floors, and other assets around your home. Drive-Bye Exterminators will come to the rescue, locating the nests and destroying the colony before they damage your home.
Signs of an Infestation
If you see mud tunnels or tubes clinging to the outside of your home or around your basement, you may have a subterranean termite problem. Here are some of the additional signs of a termite infestation.
- Examine any wood flooring in the home for blisters in the wood.
- Inspect the other wood in the house for hollowed or damaged wood, like walls, trim, decks, floors, etc.
- The droppings will look like mounds of coffee grounds, sawdust, or pellets.
- If you find termite wings near the windows, doors, and access points, call a pest control company to check it out.
Schedule subterranean termite extermination for your home or business today from one of Florida’s leading pest control companies.
Avoiding Subterranean Termites Altogether
Here is a list of suggestions by Drive-Bye to avoid attracting subterranean termites.
- Remedy areas of water pooling around the foundation and walls of the home.
- Ensure the home’s gutters and downspouts are cleared and working correctly.
- Store firewood more than 20 feet away from the house itself.
- Rake mulch 15 inches away from the exterior walls of the home and keep the bushed off the walls as well.
- Have the ventilation of crawlspaces, attics, and basements inspected for humidity levels.
These are just a few of the things you can do to assist in controlling the termites. Then, be sure to get on the schedule with Drive-Bye Exterminatorsto treat the home.
Drive-Bye’s Maintenance Plan for Subterranean Termites.
Let’s face it, you can’t deal with termites on your own, and you don’t want to end up with one of those awful tents over your home. So, for termite control and prevention, contact the number one pest control for over 30 years in Pinellas County, Drive-Bye Exterminators.
Put the expertise of our team to work and prevent termite damage to your home.
Drive-Bye Cares for your Home
Drive-Bye Exterminators is the choice of Pinellas County and the surrounding area for pest control of all types. You can feel confident in choosing professional, comprehensive, and guaranteed pest and lawn management when you contact the friendly staff.
Let us show you why Drive-Bye Exterminators is the first choice in Pinellas County for pest, termite, and lawn service.
Call for a no-obligation quote and examination today.